1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shedfield like this:-
"SHIDFIELD, a chapelry in Droxfield parish, Hants; 2 miles S by E of Bishops-Waltham r. station. It contains Shirrell-Heath hamlet, and has a post-office under Fareham. Pop., 937. Houses, 201. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £200.* Patron, the Rector of Droxford. The church was built in 1829."
Extracted from GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shedfield, in Winchester and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time. URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/1731 (Date accessed: 11th July 2015.)
this hasn't kept static over time as can be seen in the article about the northern boundary of Shedfield parish - the Waltham Chase village.
As Shedfield previously was a part of the Droxford parish details of our parish's history can be seen on the British History Online pages.
'Parishes: Droxford', in A History of the County of Hampshire: Volume 3, ed. William Page (London, 1908), pp. 284-288 http://www.british-history.ac.uk/vch/hants/vol3/pp284-288 [accessed 9 July 2015].
"Some History of Shedfield Parish: The History of a Hampshire Rural Community Paperback – 1 Nov 1991 by Grace Emery (Author)"
Shedfield House Estate history by Grahame Soffe
Shedfield House Estate
Shedfield War memorials
Waltham Chase village hall
Waltham Chase village history articles
Shedfield Village Hall