Terms & Conditions of Hire
The Sports Pavilion and Grounds
1. The Facilities, including the Pavilion, Cricket Pitches, Football Pitch and Petanque Terrain may be hired according to these conditions set by the Trustee of Shedfield Recreation Ground Charity.
2. Bookings will be accepted by personal visit or telephone call, letter or e-mail to the Parish Clerk. The facilities can not be hired by any person under the age of 18.
3. The Hire Fee per session must be paid at least 14 days before commencement of hire. Cheque preferred (payable to ‘Shedfield Recreation Ground Charity’). Block bookings are subject to separate conditions.
4. The Trustee will not be held responsible for loss, damage or injury to any person(s) or personal property arising from the use of any facility within its ownership.
5. Teams may book more than one date, any period in advance, for fixtures on a first come/first served basis following the allocation of any block bookings or other restrictions.
6. The Hirer is entitled to use only the facility booked and authorised and under no circumstances permitted to transfer lets to other clubs or organisations.
7. For pitch hire, each booking is accepted on the understanding that it is for one match only and within the allocated time of the booking, unless a block booking is agreed prior to the season’s start.
8. The Sports Pavilion is a Non-Smoking facility. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that this is complied with.
9. No spiked or studded footwear may be worn in the main hall, kitchen, or the ladies toilet area. The changing rooms should be accessed via the back entrance.
10. The Hirer shall ensure that no 'smoke machines' or effects are used within the building - these will activate the smoke alarms and incur a call out charge.
11. The premises must be left with doors locked and all the lights, taps and electric cooker switched off. The heaters, if used should be switched off.
12. The Pavilion must be left with floors, fridge, cooker and toilet/shower facilities clean. Tables and kitchen work surfaces should be wiped clean after use. If this is not adhered to, a charge may be made for cleaning.
13. It is recommended that the User of the facility possesses insurance for third party, equipment and personal liability. The Trustee may require that such insurance is in place and that a copy is provided.
14. The Hirer will be held responsible and liable for any littering, damage caused to a facility as a result of misuse or vandalism by their guests, team or a visiting team during their booking. This includes damage to the playing surface caused by unauthorised use. The Trustee may seek reinstatement from the Hirer where such damage occurs.
15. No items should be removed from the Pavilion.
16. No alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without the prior written approval of the Trustee.
17. The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that any electrical appliances he/she operates at the Facilities are safe and used in a safe manner and comply with the Electricity at Work regulations 1989. Where a residual circuit breaker (RCB) is stipulated by the Trustee, the Hirer must provide and make use of it at all times.
18. The Hirer shall ensure that the noise levels and other activities are such as to cause no nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, particularly late at night and early in the morning.
19. Animals are not permitted on the premises except in the case of trained guide dogs for the blind.
20. Users must, generally, take care not to damage the Facilities in any way. Any damage noted, whether caused by the Hirer or not, must be reported to the Parish Clerk as soon as possible.
If the damage is so serious as to warrant cancellation, the provision in 2 below will apply.
1. Any Hirer wishing to cancel a confirmed booking must do so at least 72 hours before the time and date of booking. Failure to do so will result in the full charge being made.
2. Regular inspections of the sports pitches will take place and should a problem occur with the facility or pitch itself, which may require cancellation, whether it is due to vandalism or inclement weather, the user will be contacted as soon possible. When an event is cancelled in these circumstances charges Failure to comply may result in charges being made for costs of repair to any damage to the playing surface and could incur a ban on future bookings.
3. Where a game is cancelled by the referee/grounds man due to inclement weather, the Parish Clerk should be notified as soon as possible. No hire charge will be made in this instance.
4. The Trustee reserves the right to refuse access to any facility and pitch.